Skip to main content

Minor Updates: Kickstarter Approaches

 It's been a month since my last post and my landscape has certainly shifted since then.

#1: I have a Patreon!

It is a quiet little thing, so far. And, even with only a couple weeks' worth of experience, has a couple errors to it. I need to fix those before someone actually joins. It's just been... crazy.

Where is the Patreon, you ask? Why it's here: Wild Dragon Games on Patreon!

#2: I've tried Spider-Man 2!

And I enjoyed the little bit I've played. But, like the theme of the Me continues, I've been busy. And it reminds me that I haven't really finished Miles Morales, and I should really do that. So I returned it to the library after three days. Someone more excited than me (and someone with more time) can appreciate it more than I right now.

#3: Merchandizing! Merchandizing! Merchandizing!

I have designed and ordered a plethora of stickers, buttons, pins, lanyards, shirts, and coins for the Edmonton Expo coming up in about 5 weeks. It was creatively amazing, but it means I've been fielding emails all day. It also means I've dipped into my emergency savings, which isn't great, but otherwise I'd have nothing to really do at the Expo.

After the Expo, I plan to put whatever's left in my inventory up for sale in various places. I don't know where at the moment, but probably Patreon at the least.

#4: How To Play videos!

I put up some how-to-play videos on youtube. I'll post the videos at the end of this blog entry.

#5: Kickstarter Avalanche

The Kickstarter avalanche has begun. I have about a week and a half to put it together. Right now, I'm still agonizing over the budget because I want that down pat before finalizing anything.

Sadly, I need those shirts and stickers I ordered before I can shoot a video. And then I'll have a few days to finalize the Kickstarter page. Whenever I turn around, I feel like three more things have popped up that I need to do. They're like gremlins.

Whose crazy idea was it to shoot a video every day of the Kickstarter? Oh, yeah. It was mine. Yeah. That's a thing I'll be doing. I recommend subscribing to my YouTube channel for that. Because no one really wants daily updates for their Kickstarters.

I am, quite honestly, both filled with excess excitement and excess dread. But I'll figure it out one way or another. I always do.

 

I hope everyone who reads this has a great day. Sincerely.

-MSB


Those How-To-Play videos, starting with how to setup your Human-Hunter-Monster-Cannibal game.

 
 
 Next we have Phase One, where you want to gather your Village.


And finally we end with Phase Two, which is our unique interactive scoring phase.


Comments

Top Entries

Now Available: Human-Hunter-Monster-Cannibal, Printer-Friendly Edition

After months of roasting our game over a dozen or so fires, our first Printer-Friendly version is now available on itch.io.   This is, honestly, to create some income so that we can afford to make the fun things for the Kickstarter in September. It's also to increase awareness because awareness is good.   No need to explain things more than I already have, but what are our plans for this?   In the short-term, it's to make a little bit of money.   In the long-term, I'll likely have a $10 tier on Kickstarter for the digital version only. But, far more importantly, I plan on redoing every card (again) once the Kickstarter is complete in November. I will put the Kickstarter names on all the Human cards then. I will not add the Kickstarter-exclusive cards to the Printer-Friendly version. I will reduce the black to greys in all areas. I will redo those pesky border lines so they look better. I might add any Expansion the Kickstarter funds as a DLC-type thing. Maybe. Pro...

Schedule: Mother's Day Weekend 2026 (May)

First, let's show what's happening this weekend ! May 9th -- Calder Spring Market Where? 12721, 120 St NW, Edmonton When? 10:00 to 16:00 The best way to support small businesses is to go to community markets. We're happy to be part of the community and join Calder at this event! Stop on by to see our current prototype and check out other amazing artists / vendors in the community! May 10th -- Prototype Playtest @ Red Claw Gaming Where? 13552 Fort Road NW, Edmonton When? 10:00 to 14:00 You know Red Claw Gaming , right? They're awesome, supportive of the community, and they've got a lot of cool local finds, too! Come play Court of Whispers and offer your unique insights to help improve our games! There's been a lot of events since February, and more to come! Wild Dragon Games in Prototype Alley at GOBFest in March! In March, we and friends visited Mission Fun & Games to test our prototypes, and boy did we have fun. We went to Rosslyn Community League for ga...

Announcement: BYOG Community Social (July 13th)

Join us at Lauderdale Community Hall on July 13th for the board game social event of the season! Wild Dragon Games presents the first ever... BYOG Community Social This is a FREE community event ! Bring your favourite board games over to the Lauderdale Community Hall and spend time with family, friends, and neighbours!  Open to all ages on July 13th , from 10am to 7pm ! Drop in, drop out, as you wish! Details: * What? Board games and socialization, free for all ages! * When? July 13th; doors open at 10am! * Where? Lauderdale Community Hall! 12937, 107 St. NW, Edmonton, Alberta * Why? A FREE chance to play board games from A to Zombies! * Who? Everyone is welcome! Have no games of your own to bring in? That's okay! Everyone's welcome! Drop in and try something new! Don't forget to check out the Community Garage Sale, too!   Children 12 and under should be accompanied by an adult. Limited games and table space initially available on a first-come, first-served basis. No food...